Re: At the end of my teather with LSMB

On 27 May 2008, at 20:05, ..hidden.. wrote:

Thanks, I've just done that but it turns out that I do have a
duplicate invoice number.  I do have a gap directly below it, though,
so I can just change invnumber.

Before I do that, is there anywhere else I will need to change it,
apart from ar?

I believe there is.

What I have done in the past when dealing with a similar SNAFU is to look at the output of pg_dumpall (I have this emailed to me daily for backup purposes) and grep for the number in question.

If I'm correct that the number is stored in two places (in two tables?) then it should be fairly obvious.

When I dealt with this myself, I just edited the pgdumpall-out.txt file, then dropped and reloaded my Ledger-SMB database completely. You may be more familiar with `psql` than I am, but for those of us who use it very rarely this is, IMO, the easiest way.

Stroller.