Re: At the end of my teather with LSMB

Quoting Chris Travers <..hidden..>:

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:05 PM,  <..hidden..> wrote:

Quoting Chris Travers <..hidden..>:
In the db, you can run (in 1.2 or 1.3):

ALTER TABLE ar ADD UNIQUE(invnumber);

Thanks, I've just done that but it turns out that I do have a
duplicate invoice number.  I do have a gap directly below it, though,
so I can just change invnumber.

Before I do that, is there anywhere else I will need to change it,
apart from ar?

Nope....  You *could* add one on (vendor_id, invnumber) to ap, but
that may be asking for trouble.  In general, I would prefer to keep
that to AR.

Ok, that's all happy now. Might be worth mentioning it in the documentation? This is certainly a feature that UK users will need, even without the gap-free incremental numbering.

Richard