Re: Transaction reversal - I think

I installed TinyERP today to play with, and on this Gentoo Linux box, it was the easiest
ERP install I've ever done. I have no idea whether a Ms Windows client/server install would be so easy.

 1) emerge postgress
 2) emerge postgresql --config
 3) /etc/init.d/postgresql start
 4) emerge app-office/tinyerp-server
 5) emerge --config =app-office/tinyerp-server-4.0.3
 6) /etc/init.d/tinyerp start
 7) emerge app-office/tinyerp-client
 8) tinyerp-client

Most of the doc is in French, and that's a negative if you don't know French, C'est la vie ?

So far after playing with it (client server non web apps) it looks good, but it's still not set
up, which is time consuming (as with any ERP app) as usual. I enabled the 'demo' option but can't find anything much there.

It's written in Python, which I think is a decent choice (as good as Perl) and uses the Postgress database, which is my favorite. However the ease of use of Sql-Ledger has spoilt me, so I'm lost in the TinyERP menues. However I wouldn't discount it yet based on what I've seen and haven't managed to crash it so far!

Sql-Ledger made me feel like an expert, sadly I'm not, and my books bear the evidence!

So far I feel most confident with WebERP/EdgeERP and Phreebooks, but I'm still playing with them, and now TinyERP.

Terry