Invoice/Order Number Reversal: 1.2.13

Okay, here's another bit of strangeness on 1.2.13.  Any help appreciated:

In my defaults, I have order and invoice defaults set as follows:

<?lsmb YYMM ?>-04

That should result in numbering such as:

0804-05
0804-06

and so on.

However, it is resulting in numbers of:

0408-05

and so on.  Unfortunately, I did not notice this until I had already
posted an order and an invoice with this screwy numbering, and sent the
latter to a customer.

To test, I created an order with one product on it.
I chose "pdf", and then "print", to get it to generate an order number.
Nothing happened after trying that a few times (no order number was
generated), so I finally hit "update" and then "print", which generated a
number.
N.B. I don't think you used to have to select an "update" first, since
print without a set order/invoice number was an effective update.  In any
event...
The number that was generated, sure enough, was inverted with respect to
the YY and MM ordering in defaults.

Normal?  I think not.

Luke