Re: Problems w/1.2.12, and upgrading

Having now upgraded, here are results:

> Having gotten sick of the problems with 1.2.12 (no delete on AR
> Transactions, no place to enter assembly components on assembly entry
> screens, and various little oddities), I was contemplating an upgrade to
> 1.2.13, but hadn't yet done it.
Still can't delete an AR transaction, even though audit trails and
forced-reversals are off.
Guess I have no choice but to reverse it.  That is not so bad, except that
this is a transitional set of books, and I can't imagine that this is the
only AR Transaction that I will bungle in the process.

goods & services -> add assembly
There is no facility on the assembly addition form, for entering the
components of the assembly.  Is this some how something I may be doing
wrong?  The only thing out of the ordinary, if you can call it that, is
the fact that I am using "login.pl?path=bin/lynx" in order to log in.
(Yes, with good reason)

Can't associate a PO with a project while posting it, but can by reposting
it.  Annoying.
(There is no "project" dropdown with items)

I don't know if this preexisted the upgrade, but when I try to update
preferences I get:

"
Error!

   Cannot save preferences!
 "

With no explanation what so ever.

> Now Ledgersmb is having stranger problems (I don't know their extent,
> since at the first, I stopped using it immediately so as not to damage
> production data further than it may already have been).  The problem I
> noticed, is that when entering a part on an order, and selecting update,
> none of the relevant info was filled in on the order.  Entering a partial
> part name did the same--that is: it just represented the form with the
> partial part name, and no additional info (price, description, etc.), and
> no opportunity to choose from a list of matching items.

The upgrade fixed this.

I would still like to know:

> 2.  Why are there things in sql/fixes?  In other words: why are such
> fixes not integrated into the upgrade of tables?

Regards,

Luke