Problems w/1.2.12, and upgrading

Hello

Having gotten sick of the problems with 1.2.12 (no delete on AR
Transactions, no place to enter assembly components on assembly entry
screens, and various little oddities), I was contemplating an upgrade to
1.2.13, but hadn't yet done it.

Then, I made the mistake of upgrading the virtual host on which is
running Ledgersmb, from Ubuntu Feisty to Ubuntu Gutsy.

Now Ledgersmb is having stranger problems (I don't know their extent,
since at the first, I stopped using it immediately so as not to damage
production data further than it may already have been).  The problem I
noticed, is that when entering a part on an order, and selecting update,
none of the relevant info was filled in on the order.  Entering a partial
part name did the same--that is: it just represented the form with the
partial part name, and no additional info (price, description, etc.), and
no opportunity to choose from a list of matching items.

Still on Postgresql 2.8.
Perl is 5.8.8; not sure what it may have been before, although a
non-upgraded virtual machine has the same version, so it probably didn't
change.

So, given all of that, I have decided that I must upgrade Ledgersmb to
1.2.13, and hope that it recovers.

In so doing, I note a few things:

1.  The changelog does not reference any of the problems I was having with
1.2.12, leading me to think that they were only problems with my install,
making me worry.  (Which also explains why nobody else was complaining
about them.:))

2.  Why are there things in sql/fixes?  In other words: why are such
fixeds not integraded into the upgrade of tables?

3.  The UPGRADE file contains nothing about moving between subversions of
1.2.  So, I am going to assume (probably to my infinite regret) that I
don't have to do anything other than backup, untar, and log in after
fixing permissions.

Luke