Re: Anyone using LedgerSMB in Australia?

Marco Hess wrote, On 04/03/2008 12:47 AM:
I am on version 1.12. I have installed it on SME Server (see contribs.org) which is CentOS 4.5 based and also runs all the other services in my office like file server, email, website, subversion, Trac for my software development projects. At the time I was able to install LSMB with just a few extra rpm based perl packages.

Since 1.12 however, the devs have pulled in a number of perl libraries that apparently are not that common and I have been unable to find the corresponding updated rpms for these libraries for CentOS4 or Redhat Enterprise Linux 4. I got a fair way but in the end was unable to resolve some final dependencies and I gave up.

I created the initial rpm spec with the intention that it should work on Fedora without any requirements outside the standard repository. The missing requirements were bundled in the rpm.

For 1.2.11 that was changed with the reason that "Extra perl packages are now available in rpmforge". AFAICS that isn't documented anywhere. Rpmforge is rpmforge.net, which now is about to merge with rpmrepo.org. (FWIW I preferred the old approach as I don't like to depend on externel repositories.)

On Fedora 8 the released ledgersmb rpm can be installed with
wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ledger-smb/ledgersmb-1.2.13-1.noarch.rpm wget http://packages.sw.be/perl-Config-Std/perl-Config-Std-0.0.4-1.fc8.rf.noarch.rpm wget http://packages.sw.be/perl-Class-Std/perl-Class-Std-0.0.8-1.fc8.rf.noarch.rpm wget http://packages.sw.be/perl-Locale-Maketext-Lexicon/perl-Locale-Maketext-Lexicon-0.64-1.fc8.rf.noarch.rpm yum install --nogpgcheck perl-Config-Std-0.0.4-1.fc8.rf.noarch.rpm perl-Class-Std-0.0.8-1.fc8.rf.noarch.rpm perl-Locale-Maketext-Lexicon-0.64-1.fc8.rf.noarch.rpm ledgersmb-1.2.13-1.noarch.rpm

On CentOS 5.1 I ended up installing with
yum install tetex-latex postgresql
wget http://packages.sw.be/rpmforge-release/rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm
rpm -Uhv rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm
sed -i 's,^enabled.*$,enabled = 0,g' /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo # don't mess with me! yum --enablerepo=rpmforge install perl-Config-Std perl-Locale-Maketext-Lexicon perl-Smart-Comments perl-MIME-Lite perl-DBD-Pg perl-Class-Std
rpm -Uhv ledgersmb-1.2.13-1.noarch.rpm

CentOS 4 is probably the same. And if it doesn't work there then I suggest that you upgrade to CentOS 5.1; Ledgersmb is under development and can't be expected to support old systems.

Note: I have only tested that it installs, not that it works.

Perhaps "someone" should test and then update
http://ledgersmb.frauerpower.com/index.php/Ledgersmb_1.2_Installation

/Mads