Re: Windows XP Installation Instructions

Hi,

I'm still struggling to set up LedgerSMB on Windows XP. I am recording and documenting exactly what needs to be done, step-by-step, with the aim of later writing an automated windows installer for LedgerSMB on Windows XP so that this wonderful system can be installed painlessly on most standard XP installations.

Has anyone ever managed to install LedgerSMB (recent versions) successfully on Windows XP, without using cygwin?

Kind Regards,
Werner

Werner wrote:
Hi

Currently we are using a Debian server to serve our ledger, but it has become increasingly important to get it working on Windows XP.

We would really like to see if it can run on windows XP without using Cygwin or any emulating environment.

Is there documentation somewhere for setting up all the needed components (Perl, etc) on Windows? If so, where can it be found?

Kind Regards,
Werner