Re: Price groups and the break column

Chris Travers wrote:
I am not 100% sure of these answers, but they should be a good starting
point.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Charley Tiggs <..hidden..> wrote:

I have a need to use the break column with price groups when setting up
parts.  After reviewing the code, though, it doesn't appear to do
anything so I'm not sure if I'm understanding what this field is
supposed to do.  So, several questions:

1) How is the break column under price groups when creating or editing a
part supposed to work?

It removes a percentage from the unit price of each part (not the extended
price).

3) What impact does it have behind the scenes?  Will it impact the
general ledger or specific accounts in some way?

Ok, this system is not infallable.  For example, suppose you sell 10 items
normally at $0.10  per unit but offer a 15% pricebreak.  The total is $0.90
because each item is discounted to $0.085 an then rounded to $0.09.  It is
siilar to entering 15 in the discount field.

Thanks for the explanation, Chris. Much appreciated. I think I've discovered a bug in that functionality, however. I'm using version 1.2.12 and I have 2 separate price groups, Retail and Wholesale. I've entered a break for each, 50% off for retail, 25% off for wholesale. I then tried to see what impact that would have when creating a sales order or when creating a sales invoice. Pricing for neither was impacted. I the default sell price and repeated the process. Pricing showed up blank after entering the product I'm working with.

Thinking that a date range was necessary to have it take effect, I entered a date range. No change.

Am I missing something basic here to get this working?

Charley