Re: Price groups and the break column

I am not 100% sure of these answers, but they should be a good starting point.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Charley Tiggs <..hidden..> wrote:
I have a need to use the break column with price groups when setting up
parts.  After reviewing the code, though, it doesn't appear to do
anything so I'm not sure if I'm understanding what this field is
supposed to do.  So, several questions:

1) How is the break column under price groups when creating or editing a
part supposed to work?

It removes a percentage from the unit price of each part (not the extended price).

2) What kinds of values should I be entering in that field?  Let's say I
want 25% taken off of the base price for that part.  Do I enter 25 or 0.25?

25

3) What impact does it have behind the scenes?  Will it impact the
general ledger or specific accounts in some way?

Ok, this system is not infallable.  For example, suppose you sell 10 items normally at $0.10  per unit but offer a 15% pricebreak.  The total is $0.90 because each item is discounted to $0.085 an then rounded to $0.09.  It is siilar to entering 15 in the discount field.

Thanks,

Charley