Fwd: For users list: Suggesting to bring back the tax counting @ AP -> Add transaction

Hi all;

I have received this request here and wanted to get more feedback.

Obviously AR transaction tax calculation is not safe.  But maybe we can re-enable automatic tax calculation for AP invoices in 1.3.

What do people think?

Best WIshes,
Chris Travers

Hi,

in SQL-Ledger times it worked like this that VAT was also calculated
automatically @ AP -> Add transaction

In most cases the result was right... in some rare cases it was'nt and
you could replace the wrong amount easily with the correct one.

Now in LedgerSMB 1.2.12 (and also earlier ones) there is a blank box
what you have to fill yourself.

Where is the problem?

It takes time. As told, most of the time (like 99%) the number in that
box was right for us.
So the accountant entered the invoice amount and checked if this number
is correct and moved to the next invoice.
Now extra work must be done - one more number to enter.... maybe not a
big problem, but still.

I know there are a lot bigger problems to get solved but this one was
like solved before... so the question for us is:
could it be bought back (automatic tax calculation @ AP -> Add transaction)?

All the Best,

Peeter Pärtel
Estonia