Re: RoadMap Question

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:14:46 -0800, Richard Hernandez wrote:
> Actually (Vtiger) is selling it as a complete package. Vtiger has the
> quote, price list, orders, etc. sections already there. Maybe this may
> be an easier path.

I was thinking of Vtiger when this thread started. When last I looked in
on them, there was a major effort to add these features (which appears to
have been followed through on), but at the time there was no clear sense
of where to draw the line as a stop against becoming an accounting system.

I viewed it as a cautionary tale, that once a toe is dipped into either
CRM or Accounting duties, the expectations rapidly snowball to go all the
way down the feature path.

I'd be content if LedgerSMB's customer -> contact entities avoided adding
a single field that wasn't used for calculations or intended for printing
to transaction documents, and instead there was a clear consensus and
documentation for integrators to add their own schema, and a hook for
their add-on form to render those fields.