Re: RoadMap Question

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
Chris Travers wrote:

Hmmmm......  I guess I would scale back that promise a little :-)

Most of the time when people speak of CRM they mean:

1)  Contact management plus categorization
2)  Comment tracking
3)  Task tracking (i.e. sales opportunities, etc)
4)  Appointment Tracking

1.3 will do the first two quite well. It will not do everything that people want from a "complete" CRM without some additional extensions to the database. I am sure these will come in the form of add-ons later (any volunteers?) but they are not there now and there are no current pkans to add scheduling and task tracking to the financial core of the application.

Well I can easily add the data structure for three and four.
I like the idea of having the infrastructure there but preference would be on making the CRM facilities more open to integration with specilised CRMs which already exist than developing full suite from scratch and possibly diverting resources to this area from the critical accounting functionality.

Saying that, yes I would use a CRM within the financial if it were there but also aware of some other great OSS and CSS CRMs available.

here endeth my 2c

cheers