Re: Failure in build script

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 21:45 -0500, Luke wrote:
> I sent this last night with an attachment, but it didn't make it to the
> list.
> The file I reference below is here: http://tacticus.com/build_failure.txt
> (different than the last version of this with a similar name).
>
> My message last night was:
>
> Sorry to keep bugging the list about this.
>
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Chris Travers wrote:
>
> > > I ran the build.pl script with no errors.
> > >
> > > However, when I run ./Build, I get 300 plus lines of errors.
> >
> > There is a known bug in the build script's check for dependencies for some
> > of the test scripts.  This bug is mentioned on the Sourceforge tracker and
> > will be corrected shortly.
> >
> > install Test::Trap and the problem will go away.
>
> Have done, and I get more errors now than I did in the previous
> installation attempt.
>
> > Otherwise, the tests which are most important for a user installing the
> > software are passed in your system.
>
> Is that still true?  Output of "Build test", following installation of
> Test::Trap, from a new software environment, is attached.
>
> Regards,
>
> Luke

Thanks for he help, but something really daft is going on - please bear
in mind that before Ubuntu disappeared up it's own bum and required a
re-install I'd installed LSMB with no real problems....

The story so far:
I've done a complete re-install of Ubuntu Feisty, only last time I used
Dapper (I think - these names totally confuse me), and I'm using Apache2
as that was what was already installed, rather than Apache which was
present last time.
So far trying to install LSMB I've had to use CPAN, Perl has re-compiled
itself (to Perl5.5-10.0 - god alone knows what I've done there - I just
took the default options!), Postgrges is installed but won't respond,
except at re-install - none of this happened last time.....

I'm supposed to be going live with LSMB on the 6th of Feb and I'm at my
wits end - is there a set of install instructions anywhere that assume
no previous Linux knowledge i.e. no stuff like "just use CPAN" when I
don't know what it is/for?

Please?

Richard