Re: Adding fonts in LaTeX (Gentoo app-text/tetex-3.0_p1-r4)

On 10/30/07, Jeff Kowalczyk <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:11:42 +0000, Stroller wrote:
> > The teTeX website has for sometime carried a "no longer maintained"
> > notice and suggested the alternative of TeXLive. When I last had
> > problems in March this was not available in my distro's package
> > manager, but someone on the Gentoo mailing list has observed that it
> > now is. I'll try upgrading to that before proceeding further.
>
> I too thought texlive was some OSX package. I see that texlive is
> available on Gentoo, so although I have no pertinent Tex problems at the
> moment, in the grand tradition of Gentoo, I'll break my primary machine to
> try something newer bearing the promise of more frequent updates ;)

Texlive is a cross-platform full-featured TeX/LaTeX system.  It is not
small/  From the web page:
"You can download the zipped TeX Live ISO image from CTAN. It is
almost 1GB. If such a large download is problematic for you, please
see above for obtaining it on DVD or CD. "

Best WIshes,
Chris Travers