Re: Expensing an item in inventory

On 10/31/07, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
On 10/30/07, John Hasler <..hidden..> wrote:
> Chris Travers writes:
> > Do you need to depreciate the hard drive?  If not, just create a dummy
> > customer (maybe "internal use" and sell it to that customer at a 100%
> > discount.
>
> That will screw up your expenses.

Ok.  So one also needs to do a GL entry/adjustment against the COGS
and the other expense account.

Aha. Thanks for the help.  Luckily these items are almost always low enough in cost that they don't have to be depreciated.

I had noticed in the Inventory Activity report there is an Expense column - and I wondered if there was some functionality for this that I had missed.

Thanks again
Rob