Re: Newbie help

Chris,

Thanks for all this info.  I think I've figured out most of my issues,
with one question remaining...

The  fact that a customer is an optional part of a project has gotten my
brain working.  For billing, this would be EXACTLY what I want/need IF I
could select a customer while entering a time card.  So, how hard would
it be to add in a drop down selection box for 'Customer' on the time
card screen and allow multiple customers to be assigned to the same project?

The flow, in this case, would be this:
    1.  Create a project sans customer (say '2007-10' for October billing)
    2.  Add a time card
    3.  Select Customer and enter other data - hit 'Update'.
    4.  Alter any data needing to be altered and hit 'Save'
          I envision a 'Customer' drop down appearing between the 'Date
worked' and 'Service Code' fields

Some of this functionality appears to be in place with regards to the
time cards as I noticed when generating sales orders from the
project/time cards, there is the opportunity to select a customer for
any time cards that do not have a customer assigned.

As a side note, wouldn't it make more sense to have that a dropdown
selection of existing customers rather than a free form text box when
entering a customer from the 'Generate Sales Orders' screen?  Would it
make even more sense to add dropdown selectors to each line in the
previous screen allowing one to select from there and skip the 'Select
Customer' screen altogether?  Perhaps even a hybrid of the two -- check
boxes and dropdowns, still allowing for bulk assignment via the check
box method.

Regards
Del

PS - If I wanted to document my findings and update the manual, how
would I go about doing that?