Newbie help

Hello List,

I'm new to LedgerSMB and a complete novice when it comes to accounting
so please forgive any simple... err... stupid questions.  I have an
accountant that does all of the important stuff and I'm trying to setup
LSMB for invoicing only at this point.  I run a small consulting
business out of my home so, basically, I sell one products/service -- my
time.

Any suggestions on how to do this?  I would really like a single invoice
per customer (I bill monthly) that reflects the date of service and a
description of the service provided (all charged against a single
part/service number) on a line-by-line basis.  Sorta like this:

Invoice 10355
Invoice Date 10/31/07
Customer: Gates, Goodbury, & Graves

10/1/07   GC   planning of project X   1.5hr   $150.00
10/5/07   GC   project y implimentation   5.0hr   $500.00
10/14/07   GC   final cleanup of project y    3.25hr    $350

Amount Due: $1,000.00

I tried setting up a part/service number of 'GC -- General Consulting'
and the altering the description field on the invoice, but LSMB then
says that the number is not recognized and asks if it's a part or a
service.  I'm not sure where to go next.  I'm happy to read the manual
(and I have) but the manual is a bit sparse on scenario/howto info.

Also, I'm not beholden to the about layout if there's a better (or more
correct) way to do it, but this is what I and my customers are used to
and I'd like to keep it if possible.

Regards
Del Miller