Re: Newbie help

Chris,

I posted this reply to my initial question regarding the use of
Projects/TimeCards and did not receive a response.  The ONLY reason that
I'm reposting is that I realized that my nifty new workstation's clock
was off (UTC vs local) and my emails were being posted 4 hours in the
past, thus screwing up conversations (at least in my email client) and I
thought it may have gotten lost.  Well, that and I could really use an
answer as I'd like to get up and running sooner rather than later :)

I wrote:
> OK, you said...
>
> Projects and timecards are going to simplify your tracking and invoice
> generation greatly.  Basically set up the projects and issue timecards
> against the projects.  Then at the end of the month, you can generate
> orders from the timecards, and convert those to invoices (the process
> is actually fairly painless).
>

> Took a look and this is great stuff (and just what I'm after) but I
> can't get it to work.  I can set up a project and enter a time card
> against the project -- that's not a problem -- but the part where you
> say, '...you can generate orders from the timecards, and convert those
> to invoices...' that's got me a bit confused.
>
> I tried Projects -> Generate -> Sales Orders and got nowhere -- as in
> nothing shows up except a couple of colored rows with no data in them.
>
> I also tried Order Entry -> Generate -> Purchase Orders (just for good
> measure) but as it's for PO's and not Invoices, I got nowhere as well
> (as expected). :)
>
> If I look at the 'List Projects' report, the project(s) are there.
> If I look at the 'Time Cards' report, the time cards are there too.
>
> The two projects I set up both have start dates of 10-01-07, one has an
> end date is in the future (10-31-07) and one has an end date in the past
> (10-12-07).  Neither seem to show up anywhere other than the 'List
> Projects' report.  What am I missing?
>
> Regards
> Del

Thanks again for all the work you and the other devs have put into
LSMB.  This humble user sure does appreciate folks such as yourself.

Regards
Del