Non-profit/Campus Management Expansion for LedgerSMB?

Hi all,
  I am the IT director for a Bible College & Seminary. After spending
nearly a year looking at the various accounting/crm/campus management
packages and the associated very large price tags, we started hunting
in the open source world to see what was available. LedgerSMB stands
out as the best potential candidate for us to date. However, our needs
are somewhat different than those of the typical business. So there
will have to be some additional "modules" developed in order for
LedgerSMB to become a complete solution for us. Here is a quick
summary list of "additions" we would require:

General:
   Fund/Non-Profit Accounting (There are some stirrings on this I think...)
   Membership (CRM type stuff, but somewhat different for non-profit types)
   Donations
   Fixed Assets (This has been discussed recently in channel.)
   Payroll (I realize this is in progress already.)
   Budgeting
   Ecommerce
   Interface w/PayPal CC processing (a nice-to-have and not as important....)

More Context Related:
   Library Management (think "rental")
   Academic Records/School Management (This is in progress in house,
but needs to be adapted to lsmb at some point.)
   Facilities Management

The financials will need to be IASB/FASB compliant. As well as SOX,
etc. Any medical records of any real detail contained in the School
Management module would require some level of HIPPA compliance. And I
believe that there are several "acts" of law other countries that
might be of interest to those using these modules in them.

After some email discussion with Chris Travers, it appears that the
1.3 code base (once stable) will be the place to start development on
some of these things.

I realize that there are some other oss apps out there that do
crm/membership/donations stuff (ie civicrm) but we would like a
unified solution rather than a patchwork of various solutions.

I would like to hear what others want/need or would like to say
concerning these items both from the user and development standpoint.
I have a requirement document that was the result of a joint
discipline committee (ie. accountant, software, hardware types) which
I can forward to give a more detailed view of what we need in the long
run although this may not apply to others.

Some of these additions could be developed in such a way as to benefit
both non-profit and for-profit businesses as well.

So... is there any interest? It sure would be nice not to go it alone here.

--
Chris Nighswonger
Network & Systems Director