Re: Custom field/table catalog

Hi Istvan;

On 10/15/07, Pongracz Istvan <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I look into the database structure and the sourcecode, I found the
> custom_field_catalog and custom_table_catalog.
> I also found some functions in the code, which should manipulate these
> tables.
>
> I would like to know, how can I use this via the interface of the LSMB?

These are used to build custom solutions around LedgerSMB.  They are
not intended to be accessible to the user.  You would probably want to
direct any further discussion to -devel.

However, as a brief overview:

The sql stored procedure create_custom_field() creates a custom field
which LedgerSMB can later find.

$form->run_custom_queries() can be used to load and save appropriate
fields.  See IS.pm for examples on how this is used.  Currently
invoices, orders, parts, and a few other things support custom fields
out of the box.

Once those are in place, you just need to add the UI elements to get it to work.