Re: Question regarding Warehouses

On 8/20/07, Erin Flowers <..hidden..> wrote:
We are a small business using SMB. We have 3 retail stores and they all have separate inventory's. I am trying to use the warehouses to separate these inventory's. I am having a difficult time transferring the product from warehouse to warehouse. I also do not see anywhere in the actual detailed part section where I can assign a product to a particular warehouse.

Right, because the parts definitions are not tied to warehouses.  I.e. one part could be sold at any of the locations, or none at all.

I can see in the shipping section is where I transfer product from warehouse to warehouse but I cannot seem to populate the different warehouses I have already set up.

This is done in the vendor invoices, shipping, and transfer inventory screens.  If you did not associate a warehouse with a part when you ordered it, leave the warehouse you are transferring from blank.

Once I have the warehouses set up, how do you view on the screen what is in each warehouse?

You could probably use the transfer inventory screen to do this.  I will have to check.to see how this works exactly.

I hope I am explaining this properly. Thank you in advance for help you can offer.

If my answer makes sense, then you are :-)

Erin Flowers
Goldline Curling