Vendor Invoice error

The error listed below occurs in a new dataset after selecting AP > Vendor
Invoice.  I am trying to add inventory. First I added parts, then tried to
add inventory via the Vendor Invoice page.

I have a note about this being related to disabling the Audit Trail, but
darned if I can track where I found that note -- I've searched the bug
database and the mailing list archives.  Can someone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance,
Liz

DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: date/time field value out of range: "0"
HINT: Perhaps you need a different "datestyle" setting.
Error!

 SELECT value::date FROM defaults
 WHERE setting_key = 'closedto'
ERROR: date/time field value out of range: "0"
HINT: Perhaps you need a different "datestyle" setting.

System details:
Kubuntu Feisty
LedgerSMB 1.2.7 (upgraded from 1.2.6)
psql (PostgreSQL) 8.2.4