Re: Requirements for unique customer invoice numbers

Just one more idea refining the David A. Bandel's point #3.  What if
the invoice number be configurable by the user in form that the user
can select several separate fields that will form the final (actual)
invoice number.

For example, we have choice of: free text (alphanumeric
non-auto-increment) field; numeric auto-increment filed; date field;
etc.

Then we can have many different ways to form an invoice number.  Some examples:

<auto-inc-number>
<free text>
<free text>-<auto-inc-number>
<free text>-<date>-<auto-inc-number>
<free text><free text><auto-inc-number>-<free text>

I know that may be not trivial to implement but in my opinion not
impossible.  Also, I am not sure if it will help much into solving the
discussed problems but at least I believe it could cover most of the
requirements/preferences of countries/people on how the invoice number
should look and at the same time allow some automation and
enforcement.

Thanks for the attention.

luxe