Re: Requirements for unique customer invoice numbers

This is what I was saing also. I need a new invoice number.
I proposed a unique index on invnumber. :)

The commentary is also not sufficient.
Because the reverse invoice may contain lines that don't have nothing to do with the revered invoice.

By example:
1) You have a invoice that contains product P with qty 10.
2) You have another invoice that contains product P with qty -5, and another product P1 with qty 5.

This is a valid case. Let's say products P are all defect, so we replace them with P1.
In this case, a invoice number that points back to the initial invoice is not exactly what we need.
Because we do not reverse the invoice, but only a line(partial) from the initial invoice.