Using CUPS

Is it possible to use CUPS directly from the LS config file?

I tried various permutations of lp command
(with and without quoting) in /etc/ledgersmb/ledgersmb.conf which
sometimes prints, sometimes not, but always causes Apache problems:

[Wed Jul 18 11:01:33 2007] [error] [client 192.168.0.45] malformed
header from script. Bad header=request id is hplj4-260 (1 fil: is.pl,
referer:

The CUPS server response seems to be sent back to Apache which doesn't
know what to do with it?

I have got around the problem by installing the cupsys-bsd package which
re-directs lpr commands to lp but it would be nice to reference lp
directly. I am using LS 1.2.5.

PS I tried searching the mailing list but the sourceforge search server
seems to be unavailable.

Iain.