Re: Cumulative Tax feature

On 7/9/07, Miguel Koren O Brien de Lacy <..hidden..> wrote:
I noticed in the mailing list archive that version 1.2 has a cumulative tax feature.
Since this may be something I need I would like to ask if this feature can solve a
problem with a Brazilian tax called "Simples".

This tax has different rates according to the total invoice amount per period, so I
would need to be able to set up some cut off points for rate 1, rate 2, etc. For
example, if I invoice up to R$ 20,000 the rate would be 4.5%, up to R$ 50,000 the rate
is 5%, etc. Is this what the "cumulative tax" feature does?

No.  Cumulative taxes are for places which require that you tax other
taxes.  For example in Quebec, GST is subject to taxation under PST.

We do have a modular sales tax system designed to support arbitrary
rules but without knowing exactly what you are trying to do and how we
have to tie it into the invoice, I am wondering whether it is the
right tool for the job (as opposed to, say, a quarterly GL entry to
add the tax entries).

I guess the question is:  do you need to track per invoice?  What do
you do when you hit 20k?  Add an adjustment entry to bring the rate up
to 5% retrospective? And I take it this is included in the price,
correct?

Thanks.

--
Konsultex Informatica (http://www.konsultex.com.br)

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.