Re: Closing an invoice even when it doesn't want to be.

Quoting Ed W <..hidden..>:

Can you perhaps explain how the "type" of account alters how the ledger
gets handled?  I think I might have used an asset or liability account
for my penny tracker, but I guess this is incorrect and means that my
income statement is not going to show it as I might expect?

I created a contra asset account, and 'paid' (debited) the penny into it, then I credited this account with a penny and debited the VAT account. This seems to have worked, but now I'm wondering if I didn't do Something Bad...

Cheers,
Richard