Re: Is LSMB really suitable for the public?

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 06:23:05PM +1000, Phil Rhoades wrote:
> David,
>
> While I am convinced that the motivation behind the move from SL to LS
> is a good idea . . see inline comments:
> I am in the IT business and after quite a few hours I have yet to get a
> migration from SL to LS working (FC6).

I am also in the IT biz (even write Perl for a living), but I'd rather spend my
Perl hacking time on something else.  After a very cursory (and unsuccessful)
attempt at getting my existing SL installation migrated to LMB, I've just been
lurking here, watching other user's attempts and waiting for some success stories
before I give it another go.

I appreciate what Chris and his team are doing (personal experience tells me
working on OSS projects can sometimes be a thankless and trying experience), and
as much as I'd like to help contribute to the migration process, there are
unfortunately other irons in the fire that need tending to at the moment.

  --Brian