Re: drafting invoices

Chris,

Agreed ... I was not thinking of supporting it with all transactions, I just as clear as I should have been. It should be done for those transactions where it makes sense: things like invoices, quotes, orders, etc.

.. and yes the presentation should always be separated from the method/mechanism.

I'm not certain how using GIFI makes the idea of "rollup accounts" not possible. A "rollup account" could be implemented similarly to the "heading/title account" that presently exists ... only it would be a container for other accounts (which could either be rollup or regular accounts). It does not require a GIFI code of its own ... in fact, it could be implemented solely as a presentation feature/view and the "rollup" value calculated at the time the page is produced.

I will look through sourceforge this week and put in an entry if one does not exist.

Roy