Re: drafting invoices

Chris,

That is one of the features of GnuCash I miss after transitioning to SQL-Ledger / LedgerSMB. In GnuCash, you can edit and save a transaction without posting it ... i you attempt to edit a posted transaction, you are warned that it is posted and, in the case of an invoice, are given the option of "unposting" the transaction - this part is not exactly proper accounting procedure, but convenient (being prompted to enter a reversing or corrective transaction/ invoice would be an alternative handling of a posted transaction).

While I am at it, the second thing I miss about GnuCash are "rollup accounts" ... this is especially handy for knowing at a glance what I owe the government for GST or Payroll taxes. For example:

GST:
  --> GST paid on purchases
  --> GST charged on sales
  --> GST remittances/credits

The "rollup" GST account shows my balance (positive or negative) which is the sum of the sub-accounts.

I raised this feature request with SQL-Ledger a few years ago and was blown off ... I know it wouldn't happen without a re-think of the present application architecture ... but while we are collecting a wishlist :)

Roy