Re: Forum?

In my view, forums and email lists are just different.  They are best
at solving different sorts of problems.  I suspect that email lists
are probably better at more things than forums, but there are
exceptions.

I would not expect forums to eclipse the email lists, but they might
be an additional resource. Just as Frauerpower hosts a community wiki,
so too if people get impatient, people could host community forums and
we could link to them :-)

On 3/9/07, William Hamilton <..hidden..> wrote:
Gerald Chudyk wrote:
> On 3/9/07, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There has been talk of adding forums to our community CMS.
>> Unfortunately, this is taking time to set up, since most of us are
>> putting more emphasis on code and less on infrastructure.
>
> And that is the best use of your time. We really do not want to
> distract your team from what you like doing best. If you need help
> with anything then just ask and we will try and step up to the plate.
I second this comment.

I do like the push style of mailing lists over the pull method of
forums..  although there is no reason that either cannot offer both.

a good option in my view.  Forum style for those who like to do things
on a web interface and integration to mailing lists for us who prefer
client based.

I would be happy to work out what is required and make it happen if desired.

cheers