Re: 1.0.0 -> 1.1.1d upgrade issues

I suspect that you are going to have to re-enter the data.  The real
question is what went wrong and making sure it doesn't happen again.
The new data integrity constraints in 1.1.1 ought to help prevent it,
but constraints can only take things so far.  If all the hardware
tests are passed, then I would procede, but I would wait until after
that point.

On 10/23/06, Michael Schultheiss <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris Travers wrote:
> 1) What sort of hard drives are you using?   I wouldn't expect blocks
> to be bad but you should probably check.

IDE - I'll check

> 2)  Are you using ECC RAM?  If not, try running Memtest x86 overnight.

not sure - i'll see if I can schedule a memtest run.

> 3)  Have you had any issues relating to PostgreSQL stability?
> Normally these are the first signs of memory/CPU failure, but memory
> failures can cause all sorts of issues, from bad data being written to
> disk to internal data structures being trashed.

I don't use PostgreSQL for anything other than Ledger SMB.  I haven't
noticed any data problems with my other applications though.  One thing
I haven't yet pointed out is that I was running SL and Ledger SMB 1.0.0
on Postgres 7.4.  I switched to Postgres 8.1 when I saw the upgrade
script expected 8.0 or higher.

> 4)  Are there any other issues with data from any other applications?

Not that I'm aware of.  I did switch servers about a year ago and I
don't remember how I migrated my SQL Ledger database - it's possible
that's where the corruption was introduced.