Re: 1.0.0 -> 1.1.1d upgrade issues

Chris Travers wrote:
> 1) What sort of hard drives are you using?   I wouldn't expect blocks
> to be bad but you should probably check.

IDE - I'll check

> 2)  Are you using ECC RAM?  If not, try running Memtest x86 overnight.

not sure - i'll see if I can schedule a memtest run.

> 3)  Have you had any issues relating to PostgreSQL stability?
> Normally these are the first signs of memory/CPU failure, but memory
> failures can cause all sorts of issues, from bad data being written to
> disk to internal data structures being trashed.

I don't use PostgreSQL for anything other than Ledger SMB.  I haven't
noticed any data problems with my other applications though.  One thing
I haven't yet pointed out is that I was running SL and Ledger SMB 1.0.0
on Postgres 7.4.  I switched to Postgres 8.1 when I saw the upgrade
script expected 8.0 or higher.

> 4)  Are there any other issues with data from any other applications?

Not that I'm aware of.  I did switch servers about a year ago and I
don't remember how I migrated my SQL Ledger database - it's possible
that's where the corruption was introduced.