From: Robert J. Clay <..hidden..>
Date: Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 2:30 PM
Subject: Re: [ledgersmb-devel] ledgersmb project owned repository naming
To: David Godfrey <..hidden..>

David,

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 6:43 AM, David Godfrey <..hidden..> wrote:
> Currently we have 30 repositories in the LedgerSMB github project.
> over half of them are related to PGObject modules and are reasonably named
> in the form of
>     PGObject-foo-bar
>
> However, not all of our repositories are named so sensibly.
>
> In particular we now have 4 "packaging" repositories
> - lsmb-overlay
>
> ...., while the fourth is the new repo Chris has added for gentoo packaging.

   For an 'ebuild' for Gentoo, which is not quite the same thing...
(A "package" for gentoo looks to be just an application source
archive, which an 'ebuild' for that app uses to build and install the
application as necessary.)

> Some examples  ....
> - pkg-gentoo-LedgerSMB

   An "overlay" is not a package it's an ebuild and having the word
"overlay' in the repo name for them is very commonly related to
Gentoo.  (Or so it seems to be judging from a search on GitHub...)

--
Robert J. Clay

Robert J. Clay