Re: LSMB with Pg 9 3, Apache 2.4, Perl 5.18 ?

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Benedict White <..hidden..> wrote:

On 16/03/14 00:54, Chris Travers wrote:

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Benedict White <..hidden..> wrote:
I get a message saying Module::Plugable will be removed from later versions of Perl so should be installed from CPAN, not that it has been removed yet.

What happens if you install this from CPAN?  Moose has a tendency of turning warnings into hard exceptions so it could be the reason for the failure.  If that fixes it, we just need to add it to the dependencies.
OK, running the command perl LedgerSMB/PGDate.pm returns no output (So I presume works) whereas
running perl LedgerSMB/PGNumber.pm  returns:

Subroutine from_input redefined at LedgerSMB/PGNumber.pm line 111.
Subroutine to_output redefined at LedgerSMB/PGNumber.pm line 177.
Subroutine from_db redefined at LedgerSMB/PGNumber.pm line 224.
Subroutine to_db redefined at LedgerSMB/PGNumber.pm line 234.

So if your right about Moose then that may be the problem, I still get the error:

Error!

Unable to open script: LedgerSMB::Scripts::setup : : syntax error at LedgerSMB/DBObject_Moose.pm line 21, near "use LedgerSMB::MooseTypes

That's weird.  Could you send me your LedgerSMB::DBObject_Moose.pm?

Is this from svn or beta 5?

I am wondering in particular if you are missing a semicolon at the end of line 19.

=" Global symbol "$class" requires explicit package name at LedgerSMB/DBObject_Moose.pm line 25.

That's POD so should not happen.

"use" not allowed in _expression_ at LedgerSMB/DBObject_Moose.pm line 31, at end of line Global symbol "$self" requires explicit package name at LedgerSMB/DBObject_Moose.pm line 36.

Also in POD.

Global symbol "$function_name" requires explicit package name at LedgerSMB/DBObject_Moose.pm line 36. Global symbol "@args" requires explicit package name at LedgerSMB/DBObject_Moose.pm line 36. Global symbol "$schema" requires explicit package name at LedgerSMB/DBObject_Moose.pm line 36. Global symbol "$continue_on_error" requires explicit package name at LedgerSMB/DBObject_Moose.pm line 37.

All of these are in POD too.

Global symbol "@args" requires explicit package name at LedgerSMB/DBObject_Moose.pm line 42. Global symbol "@elements" requires explicit package name at LedgerSMB/DBObject_Moose.pm line 48. LedgerSMB/DBObject_Moose.pm has too many errors. Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Module/Runtime.pm line 317. Compilation failed in require at LedgerSMB/Scripts/setup.pm line 27. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at LedgerSMB/Scripts/setup.pm line 27. Compilation failed in require at (eval 452) line 1.

dbversion: 1.4.0, compan

It looks like for some reason POD is being treated as Perl for you.  I don't have a test system running Perl 5.18, but something is strangely wrong here.  If line 19 ends in a semicolon, then something has changed with regard to POD handling.

This is weird.

y:

I've been looking at missing dependencies and found some,

CGI::Emulate::PSGI                     Not in
FCGI::ProcManager                    Not in
IO::String                                   Not In

(I've already fixed the above) and:
Plack::App::CGIBin                     Not in
Plack::Builder                             Not in
Plack::Middleware::Static            Not in
Devel::Trace                               Not in

Now I haven't fixed these yet, Plack has cascading dependencies which may also cascade so wondered how often the file which mentions it is called it is:

tools/ledgersmb.psgi

Kind regards

Benedict White

Arch uses the same versions.

Kind regards

Benedict White

Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 7:18 AM, Robert J. Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 9:13 AM, Benedict White
<..hidden..> wrote:
> Yes, that is exactly what Arch uses and it can't create a database, see my earlier post on packaging for Arch.
> Do you get the same error?

  You mean this one: " LedgerSMB::Scripts::setup : : syntax error at
LedgerSMB/DBObject_Moose.pm"?   No, not that one; but then I'm not
working on 1.4 yet... (Yes, I do plan to...)

That syntax error is actually thrown earlier and because of late binding, that's all we see.

Typically if you see that error, first make sure that all dependencies load.  This means, in particular, LedgerSMB::PGDate, LedgerSMB::PGNumber, and LedgerSMB::MooseTypes.

   This is from the Apache loq:
2014/03/11 19:24:27 - ERROR - LedgerSMB::dberror LedgerSMB.pm (1100)
-- Logging SQL State 42883, error 7, string ERROR:  function
public.setting_get(unknown) does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT * FROM "public"."setting_get"($1)
                      ^
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You
might need to add explicit type casts.
Can't use string ("LedgerSMB::Setting") as a HASH ref while "strict
refs" in use at LedgerSMB.pm line 942.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/ledgersmb/setup.pl line 8.
[Tue Mar 11 19:24:27.709086 2014] [cgid:error] [pid 14744:tid
3012533056] [client 192.168.4.19:55620] End of script output before
headers: setup.pl, referer: http://lsmbtst/ledgersmb/setup.pl

Robert J. Clay

http://p.sf.net/sfu/13534_NeoTech