Once 1.4 gets to rc0 and we branch it off here are my own development priorities. Feedback is appreciated.
1. I want to move our existing 1.3/1.4 code to PGObject::Simple and PGObject::Simple::Role. This requires minor wrappers and a very little bit of porting for code written in that timeframe.
2. I want to move LedgerSMB::PGNumber and LedgerSMB::PGDate to use PGObject::Types::BigFloat and PGObject::Type::Datetime internally. This would make these modules nearly CPAN-ready and pretty stable.
3. I want to rewrite the financial code (AR/AP transactions, journal entries, payments, invoices, and, optionally reconciliation, though the latter will not require much in the way of rewriting).
4. I want to start breaking off modules so we can put them in CPAN. The core LedgerSMB.pm logic that we still need should be in LedgerSMB::Request, and we may want to start looking at rewriting the locale and App_State code as well.
5. As a distant priority, I would like to start porting the menu functionality to PostgreSQL extension format, and get the modules to handle that CPAN-ready.
6. Distant even from that I would like to do the same with the Chart of Accounts setup.
I am sure a lot of other stuff and enhancements will be made along the way, but these are the big ticket items. The first two will probably be done in a day. The rest will take some time. Any feedback?
Efficito: Hosted Accounting and ERP. Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.