[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Work remaining toward a 1.4 release
- Subject: Re: Work remaining toward a 1.4 release
- From: ..hidden..
- Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 13:34:08 -0800
> Hi Turtle,
> Thanks for adding your items to the bug database. Apparently, the SF site
> showed me incorrect results last weekend, as there are more bugs now than
> just the ones you added. However, having a full list is a good thing and
> probably helps drive the release of the effort toward 1.4 a lot.4
> I'll add John's issues - as far as they're not already there - for the
> Thanks again! If you find more issues, please don't hesitate to file them:
> There are people looking at the list of filed bugs! :-)
> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM, <..hidden..> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> > Today I wondered what's there between now and the point where we can
>> > release 1.4.0. So, I started to look at any open 1.4 bugs. It seems
>> > are none at the moment (neither are there any open tickets on 1.3).
>> > So, I would like to request everybody who is currently running 1.4 and
>> > knows about any unsolved problems to report those on SourceForge (or
>> > response to this message so I can). That way, we have a canonical
>> > record whether we're ready to release 1.4 or not.
>> > Further more, I propose we create a stabilization branch next week, so
>> > that
>> > any features which are committed to trunk will appear in 1.5 and stop
>> > destabilize 1.4. I'm particularly thinking of Istvan's "invoice
>> > date"-forward port which (accidentally) caused destabilization. If we
>> > branch sooner rather than later, we'll be able to control the
>> > 1.4 better -admittedly at the cost of backport-efforts.
>> > After branching 1.4, we could release 1.4-alpha2 to stimulate testing
>> > wider audience.
>> > Irrespective of whether we branch or not, it seems more and more
>> > are
>> > starting to use Apache 2.4. To help people get a working
>> > want to deliver a separate 2.4 template - this applies to 1.4 and 1.3
>> > equally, so doesn't need to delay the release of a 1.4 alpha. As soon
>> > we
>> > have an apache2.4 config template, we can release that with 1.3, 1.4
>> > put it in trunk, if we do so after branching.
>> > Any other items/steps?
>> I added bugs 904-906 they are what I had posted here recently that I
>> are some bugs in 1.4.
>> I accidentally put bug 906 under 1.3
Thanks for taking this on.