[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Work remaining toward a 1.4 release

> Hi all,
> Today I wondered what's there between now and the point where we can
> release 1.4.0. So, I started to look at any open 1.4 bugs. It seems there
> are none at the moment (neither are there any open tickets on 1.3).
> So, I would like to request everybody who is currently running 1.4 and
> knows about any unsolved problems to report those on SourceForge (or in
> response to this message so I can). That way, we have a canonical place to
> record whether we're ready to release 1.4 or not.
> Further more, I propose we create a stabilization branch next week, so
> that
> any features which are committed to trunk will appear in 1.5 and stop to
> destabilize 1.4. I'm particularly thinking of Istvan's "invoice creation
> date"-forward port which (accidentally) caused destabilization. If we
> branch sooner rather than later, we'll be able to control the stability of
> 1.4 better -admittedly at the cost of backport-efforts.
> After branching 1.4, we could release 1.4-alpha2 to stimulate testing by a
> wider audience.
> Irrespective of whether we branch or not, it seems more and more people
> are
> starting to use Apache 2.4. To help people get a working configuration, we
> want to deliver a separate 2.4 template - this applies to 1.4 and 1.3
> equally, so doesn't need to delay the release of a 1.4 alpha. As soon as
> we
> have an apache2.4 config template, we can release that with 1.3, 1.4 and
> put it in trunk, if we do so after branching.
> Any other items/steps?
I added bugs 904-906 they are what I had posted here recently that I think
are some bugs in 1.4.

I accidentally put bug 906 under 1.3