Thanks for taking this on!
Key things that are still blockers for me:
* AR/AP reports do not have totals
* Aging reports default search shows all accounts, even those with no outstanding amounts, and no totals
Lots of little annoyances/regressions in user experience:
* Trial Balance (What is "Save" in this screen? Save and run - fails, missing stored function. Save fails -- access denied).
* Links to accounts/reports from within reports don't pull up relevant filtered results (e.g. from trial balance, following an acct link with a date range set takes you to all transactions including outside that date range, no start date, end date outputing a HASH)
* Using back button in a report loses many filter settings (especially dojo widgets)
* No comparison reports -- < 1.4 lets you compare 2 date ranges, 1.4 only a single on most reports
What I've seen so far with numbers do seem to match 1.3, but have not evaluated in depth.
Also have not gone through most workflows entirely, so I may well have (a lot more) to add... such as check printing... (Did this get switched away from LaTeX?)
I just tested uploading a file to an employee contact record (something desperately needed here -- a way to store employee hire paperwork) and there's no way to actually upload a file -- no file dialog.
Also, have not gone through permissions in detail but do have some challenges around permissions in 1.3 at least, and am assuming are still in 1.4. Specifically, I'd like to be able to set up an admin to handle AR and have them be able to pull up cash receipts without being able to see payments or AP. The Cash permissions don't seem to be able to separate between AP and AR transactions -- all become visible when adding cash permissions. (I can see this being relevant for AP folks, too).
We had discussed at some point simplifying the permissions screens to show a lot fewer but more appropriate permissions. I think having the fine-grained control is good, but it's overwhelming -- and yet here's a case where it's insufficient. Maybe we can define a few different roles that can aggregate appropriate permissions, and then have a more detailed screen (eventually -- certainly not necessary now) for fine tuning.
Oh, and another case where permissions are insufficient -- different roles need access to different files. E.g. AR probably needs access to files attached to customers, orders, etc but not employees. HR needs access to files attached to employees -- but most other roles should not have access to these.
I'm thinking these basic roles as a starting point:
AR -- access to customers, AR transactions, receipts, AR vouchers
AP -- access to vendors, AP transactions, payments, check printing, AP vouchers
Bookkeeper -- data entry on AP/AR/GL, reconciliation,
HR - employee records, files on employee contact records
Owner -- transaction approval, batch approval, draft approval, reports, HR/Employees, Users
CPA -- read-only access to all reports, AP/AR/GL detail, Close books
Cashier -- POS
I'm sure there are many others, but those are the gist of what comes to mind...
On 12/02/2013 01:30 AM, Erik Huelsmann wrote: