Re: Online editing of Templates ?

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Robert James Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 10:38 -0400, Robert James Clay wrote:
>> On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 08:51 -0400, Robert James Clay wrote:
>
>> > .... but the error comes up if I attempt to go to a language specific
>> > template for one where the default template is accessible.  Are they
>> > supposed to be initially created from the default one if the language
>> > specific one isn't present?
>
>   Or is it that if one is needed, we need to manually copy it from the
> default version?  (It then becomes available for editing online.)

My thinking is to fix the bug by trying to copy if it doesn't exist.
So I think we are on the same page.

>>    That looks to be an issue where I was assuming that if a language
>> specific file isn't already present, LSMB automatically starts off with
>> a copy of the default file but that does not appear to be the case yet.
>
>  If that is not something that is already present and not already
> planned, should I submit a feature request for it?

I would keep it as a bug report because we get an error when we try to
do something that is exposed from the UI.

>>    One thing, though;  where does the language selection list come from?
>> Because another confusion factor for me was choosing a language from the
>> list, en_US, that does not have a corresponding sub directory already
>> present.
>
>  I do still wonder about that.  The templates/* directory structure in
> the source archive does not include a directory for, for instance,
> "en_US" but that is an available option in the online template editing
> menus.

I think the best thing going forward might be to get rid of all the
locale directories and create them on the fly if they don't exist.