Re: Records in AR table with NULL amount field

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 12:24 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As part of my efforts to establish that my LSMB database hasn't been
>> damaged by the multi-currency problems that we found and fixed in
>> 1.3.10, I'm looking at the AR table and finding rows which have a NULL
>> amount field. These rows are not referenced from the ACC_TRANS table,
>> but nevertheless, I'm not sure they ought to be there.
>>
>> So, here's my question: is it normal to have rows with NULL amounts in
>> the AR table? If not, can I safely remove them, if they're not
>> referenced from ACC_TRANS? Any idea how they might have appeared?
>>
> AR table?  no idea how they got there.  Yes, I would think they can be
> safely deleted.

Ok. I found that they have in common that the INVNUMBER contains a
date field (all different, but an example: Wed Dec 28 15:59:01
201131932). None of the items are marked as 'invoice' (invoice column
value 'f').
None of the AR records are being referenced in ACC_TRANS. Could this
be a case of a transaction being prematurely committed and then
cancelled?

> As far as determining how they might have gotten there, I would note
> the transdate and id fields and then look for transactions with
> similar id's (+/- 10 maybe) to see what else was going on at the time.

Hmm. Maybe these are records from SL's create-unique-and-then-update
strategy. Maybe it's impossible to install a NOT NULL constraint on
the records at this time. That's a pity; I thought I'd be able to find
out what causes it by installing one and waiting for people to run
into trouble :-)

Bye,

Erik.