Re: Records in AR table with NULL amount field

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As part of my efforts to establish that my LSMB database hasn't been
> damaged by the multi-currency problems that we found and fixed in
> 1.3.10, I'm looking at the AR table and finding rows which have a NULL
> amount field. These rows are not referenced from the ACC_TRANS table,
> but nevertheless, I'm not sure they ought to be there.
>
> So, here's my question: is it normal to have rows with NULL amounts in
> the AR table? If not, can I safely remove them, if they're not
> referenced from ACC_TRANS? Any idea how they might have appeared?

AR table?  no idea how they got there.  Yes, I would think they can be
safely deleted.

As far as determining how they might have gotten there, I would note
the transdate and id fields and then look for transactions with
similar id's (+/- 10 maybe) to see what else was going on at the time.