Re: Changing tax.pm in 1.21 for a new tax which replaces two old taxes

> I have the same tax table except that I didn't create zero rate
> records for PST/GST. I just set the validto dates to July 1 for each
> of them. I did have a zero record for HST with a validto date set for
> July 1 and then a second record with the correct tax rate and a blank
> validto date.
>
> I have taken your suggestion and added the zero rate records for
> PST/GST but I don't see any improvement. I have noticed that changing
> the server system date will sometimes change the behavior.
>
> Currently I can create a/r invoices both pre and post tax with correct
> tax calculation. I can create a/p invoices for the new tax. I cannot
> create a/p invoices prior to the new tax.
>
> If I run the sql select statement in Tax.pm directly in psql and using
> the correct transdate, I get a good return result. Looks like the
> transdate is becoming corrupted somewhere before it gets to the tax
> module, but I can't find it. I may also be missing something obvious.

HI Gerald,

Interesting. I was able to create a/p invoices today for June 30th
without a problem..both before, and after adding the 0 rated hst prior
to july 1st..

In any case, it'd be nice to have some feedback from the Devs on this.
It seems like a fairly large issue, taxes are pretty important I'd
say.. :)

I'm willing to pay to have this fixed. Is anyone willing to take money
for a fully tested fix for this issue?

Thanks,
Angus