Re: Changing tax.pm in 1.21 for a new tax which replaces two old taxes

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> Currently what I'm doing for my customers is to set the rate to 0
> effective when the tax is no longer collected, and to remove it from
> the drop down once no more invoices could be generated (usually at
> next book close).

Does this mean I would set the validto date on the expiring tax record
to the expiry date and create a new record for the expiring tax,
setting the percent value and validto date in the new record to zero?

I thought I tried that without success. Maybe I was missing something.

> One change that might be desirable might be to exclude 0-rate taxes
> from retrieval.  This would also avoid db changes during a production
> branch, and would seem to my mind to be closer to expected behavior.
> Any feedback?

If a blank tax record will work then this sounds like a better idea.
Of course preventing closed transactions from being changed will
remove the problem entirely. I know you are working on this.

Gerald.