Re: A query about price matrix code

Chris Travers wrote:
On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Nigel Titley <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris Travers wrote:
On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Nigel Titley <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris Travers wrote:

What do you mean by "a quantity that should trigger the price break?"
I am not entirely sure that quantity discounts are supported.  However
we need something like this for 1.3......
If quantity discounts aren't supported then what is the function of the
price matrix?
1)  Temporary price reductions
2)  Customized per-pricegroup and per-custome/vendor prices.
Hmm, interesting. I guess though that the data structure supports
quantity pricing (certainly the database schema seems to).

What field are you looking at regarding quantity pricing?

I can't find it on my own versions of lsmb 1.2 or 1.3....

The database field is "pricebreak" in table "partscustomer". This maps to the "Break" column in the price matrix section of (for example) the Parts report, or the Add Part screen.

I freely admit, though, that I may be misinterpreting the purpose of this field.

I'll likely be online on the #ledgersmb channel tomorrow. My alias is "vache-qui-rit" (Don't ask, it's a long and complicated story).

All the best

Nigel