Re: A query about price matrix code

Chris Travers wrote:
On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Nigel Titley <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris Travers wrote:

What do you mean by "a quantity that should trigger the price break?"
I am not entirely sure that quantity discounts are supported.  However
we need something like this for 1.3......
If quantity discounts aren't supported then what is the function of the
price matrix?

1)  Temporary price reductions
2)  Customized per-pricegroup and per-custome/vendor prices.

Hmm, interesting. I guess though that the data structure supports quantity pricing (certainly the database schema seems to).

However, adding qty pricematrix handling could be done as a
customization without too much effort to the pricematrix queries
themselves.  (Most of the work would be in data entry and display in
parts/customer areas).  If this is something you need and don't want
to do yourself, contact me and I can give you a quote.

I'll have a look at it and get in touch. I've done a fair bit of ferreting around in the ledgersmb code in the work of building the oscommerce bridge and I may be up to the job. On the other hand I don't have a lot of free time. I'll get in contact.

Many thanks for responding to my query. If anyone is interested in the work I'm doing then feel free to contact me

Best regards

Nigel