Re: Renting Developer time to advance 1.3/1.4 - anyone want to chip in?

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 7:03 AM, Jeff Kowalczyk <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 08:01:05 +0100, Ed W wrote:
>> I just want to see the money
>> buy a number of days of full time work on "unspecified SL development"
>> which will be timesheeted and demonstrably advance the release date of
>> 1.3/1.4.  I plan to negotiate separately to buy specific features that
>> are important to me...
>
> I concur, if we as a community do this, it needs to be a sponsorship of
> general development, and we'd need to trust the developers to do what they
> think is best.
>
> I'd be comfortable if the mandate were to:
>

>  Make LedgerSMB trunk usable for developer-integrators deploying in light
>  or pre-production scenarios. Use the sponsored time to make preparations
>  for a 1.3 beta and RC cycle to follow.

Currently this is possible (at least one of my customers is running
trunk in parallel with their existing accounting systems), but
somewhat difficult.  What would make things a lot easier would be the
creation of the user management interface.

There are a number of other little things that need to be done as well
to make this more generally applicable.