Re: Renting Developer time to advance 1.3/1.4 - anyone want to chip in?

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Ed W <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi
>
> That said, I myself have floated the idea of community funding several
> times on #ledgersmb.
>

> If people are up for it, my own schedule is fully booked for a little
> while, but my business is expanding and adding people to help with
> LedgerSMB so I am open to the option.
>

> Offlist:
>
> My personal problem is that I have now outgrown SL and LSMB doesn't yet seem
> to fix my problems (it not always adding up correctly is one of them...). I
> have looked around at the alternatives and LSMB still seems to be one of the
> best products out there, but it's not quite stable yet (I don't feel...)

Yeah-- until we get the inherited code out of the core, it won't be stable.

Just to set expectations-- financial logic will be reworked entirely in 1.4.

> How can we speed things up... (probably answers back on list)

I will discuss a lot of this with you on and off list.  The big thing
is to help gather all the requirements once 1.3 hits beta so we can
start working on 1.4.