Re: Urgent , We have a new taxes , I need a help

John Hasler wrote:
Markus writes:
the difference between a tax and a tarrif is that taxes are a percentage
and tarrifs are a flat amount, also tarrifs are typically collected for a
specific purpose rather than general tax coffers.

Taxes of this sort are common in agriculture in the US.
Another common one that we thought of that is actually charged by shipping companies NOT gov't is a fuel surcharge by shipping companies. This allows them to keep their shipping charges constant and simply adjust the fuel surcharge as fuel prices fluctuates.